Mr Peter Moran
(MBBS FRACS, FAOrthA)
Mr Peter Moran is an experienced Orthopaedic Surgeon specialising in minimally invasive Anterior Hip Surgery, Knee and Shoulder Surgery.
Patients requiring surgery will be seen as a priority.
Mr Moran specialises in surgical management of degenerative and traumatic conditions, including sporting injuries, of the hip, knee and shoulder. His scope of surgery includes utilisation of minimally invasive techniques for both prosthetic joint replacement and reconstructive surgery. He has been providing an orthopaedic surgical service at Como for over twenty-five years.
He is expert in Anterior Hip Joint Replacement techniques, being one of the first surgeons in Victoria to embrace this technique some years ago, following extensive training in Europe, working with Frederic Laude in Paris.
Peter also utilises computer generated Patient Specific Instrumentation (PS) for total knee joint replacement, and has also embraced Robotic assisted surgery, particularly for unicompartmental knee replacement.
Mr Moran participates in ongoing research projects and has been involved in medical student, Orthopaedic Registrar and Fellowship training. He is committed to providing the highest level of patient care and ongoing research in training and education.
Mr Moran has a lifelong interest in sporting activities, having played in excess of 200 senior amateur football games, he is a low handicap golfer and enjoys tennis and skiing. Broader interests include farming.
Orthopaedic Interests include:
• Minimally invasive hip surgery
• Reconstructive and prosthetic surgery of the knee, including Robotic assisted surgery
• Shoulder surgery including minimally invasive reconstructive procedures and joint replacement
• Foot and ankle reconstructive surgery, along with correction of deformity
• Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
• Fellow of the Australian Orthopaedic Association
• Member of the Victoria Orthopaedic Association
• Member of the Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons